Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Team Hotbodies Racing Riders Fly Forward at Barber

Team Hotbodies Racing Riders Fly Forward at Barber

#13 Cory West, 2004 AMA Superbike Rookie of the Year, finished 16th in Race
One of the AMA Superbike class at Barber Motorsports Park, climbing from his
qualifying position of 22nd on the grid. West also moved up a number of
positions in Superstock, advancing from 19th on the grid to 12th by race's
end. West said, "Barber is a weird place because the camber is different in
every turn. There are many lines for riders choose. The Superbike race went
well, I improved my times and moved forward. In Superstock I was in a battle
all race long with Marty Craggill after getting a great start. That felt
good knowing he had qualified so much higher than me. My quick shifter broke
after about the fourth lap. I never knew how much I relied on it until then.
I'm tenth in Superbike points but I'll only be doing some of those races
from now on and I'll concentrate on Superstock."

#87 Taylor Knapp qualified on the fourth row in 14th-place for the Formula
Xtreme race on his Suzuki GSX-R600, and 29th in Superbike on his GSX-R1000.
Knapp ran great races finishing 12th in FX and 22nd and 19th in the two
Superbike events, improving on his qualifying positions in every race. Knapp
said, "This is my first year on a Superbike so I'm still getting used to it.
I ran a Pirelli DOT on the front and a Pirelli slick on the back. That
worked well and the tires were there for the entire race. In the second race
we had set the pressures wrong so during the red flag we put on a new set at
the proper settings and that made all the difference. The 1000 is fun to
ride. In FX I was down on power because we still have the stock header on
the bike. I'm looking forward to the next race when I have more power. The
tires were great in FX too. My plan is to be in the top ten from now on."

#29 Barrett Long, in his second year of the AMA Superbike series, qualified
his Yamaha YZF-R6 in 28th for Supersport, finishing the race in 23rd. Long
and crew worked all weekend to sort out his R-6 for the difficult conditions
at Barber, eventually finding more speed during the race to move up five
positions. Long said, "Barber is a peculiar track with all of its long
carousels. I won the USGPRU 250 race here in 2004 so I'm not sure why I
wasn't faster this weekend. I guess I prefer tracks with longer straights
and tighter turns, something where the rider is more of an element to
cutting fast laps, rather than the bike being such a big part of it."

#220 Garret Carter, a 17 year old from Detroit, Michigan, was competing in
his first AMA event ever at Barber. Carter qualified 29th in Formula Xtreme
and 24th in Supersport. Carter was faster each time he was on track
finishing 17th in Supersport and 24th in FX, after pulling off during the
race. Carter said, "I used to race 125s and there's no comparing them and a
600. My Yamaha R6 is so much faster it's amazing. I was learning something
on every lap. In the FX race I had to pull in because gas was coming out of
my overflow. I rejoined the race and caught back up to where I had qualified
because I was running so much faster. The Supersport race went as planned
and I moved up seven places. Doing the AMA series is crazy. I didn't know it
was going to be this intense. It's a totally different world from what I've
raced in before. I'm having a great time being a part of Team Hotbodies
Racing."

Team Hotbodies Racing is sponsored by Hotbodies Racing, Motul Lubricants,
GPR Stabilizers, LeoVince Exhaust Systems, Vortex Sprockets, Regina Chains,
Power Stands, VP Racing Fuels and Suzuka Tire Warmers.

Hotbodies Racing specializes in manufacturing performance parts for
performance bikes. Hotbodies Racing is the design leader in Undertails,
Undertail Exhausts, Windscreens, Flush-Mount Signals, Huggers and full-race
Bodywork. Hotbodies Racing supports the sport with sponsorship and its own
in-house race team, and encourages dealer inquiries. For more information
visit: www.hotbodiesracing.com.

Free Web Counter
Site Counter

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.5 License.